2018 is the year of the storytellers

Wise words from the jump park..

Bismillah...

So many of us are carrying stories inside us - heavy with pain, possibility or promise -  but we don't let them out. We won't let them go. Due to fear, shame, vanity or the favourite 'I just don't have the time', we keep our stories hidden away.

What a shame to keep those stories from the world.

As a Muslim woman who has published multiple books of all genres (almost 20 at last count!), I know how important it is to be brave enough, bold enough, to let your story out into the world.

In order to make it easier for my sisters to tell their stories, I started the We Are Storytellers Facebook group, a place where sisters can educate themselves about the writing process, share their ideas, tips and tricks and seek support and guidance. Alhamdulillah, we have almost 500 members, a real mix of dreaming scribes, novices, hopefuls, first-timers and veterans, with a sprinkling of editors, coaches and publishers, too. Through my regular communication with the group, live Q&As and courses and masterclasses, I hope to be able to share my experience and expertise with my sisters on this storytelling journey. Please feel free to join us.

Here's to your storytelling journey...

Wasalaam

Na'ima B.





Comments

  1. Jazakillah khairan, sister Naima. I recently decided to hon my writing skills and make my voice heard, and am so grateful for the help you're offering. I do believe 2018 is my year of becoming an author insha Allah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts